Welcome to Connectory.com® - the United States Network - contains detailed capabilities profiles of US industrial and technology companies across all industries at every level of the supply chain. The goal is to link United States businesses to each other and to provide information about the industrial and technology base of the economy. It also includes profiles of other critical assets in addition to companies including federal labs, university and private research centers.
Profile concentration is highest where strong collaborations have been formed within regions, industries other Communities of Interest (COI). At the time of U.S. expansion, the densest concentration is in California, where the Connectory began, with the planned posting of hundreds of Pacific Northwest profiles scheduled with the launch of the Northwest Network portal in early 2010.
Interested in increasing company profile population in your region or industry? Contact Us to start the conversation.
Mapping the Connectory
The Connectory® Network is a nationwide, Web-Based Buyer-Supplier Network that provides:
- A unique way to connect with companies and other assets by understanding their capabilities
- Powerful means for government, large company, and institutional buyers to identify sources of products, services, technologies, capabilities, and capacities
- Detailed capabilities and capacities for companies at every level of the supply chain
- Focus on manufacturing/technology companies and their supplier chain including wholesalers/logistics, technical services, construction, agribusiness, and mining
- Showcase for tens of thousands of US companies at NO COST to them
- Geocoding and interactive mapping feature for locating assets/resources
- Internet speed/powerful search engine combined with in-depth company database
- Commitment to usability, coverage, quality, and continual updating distinguishes it from any other available database
- IT platform on which Communities of Interest (COI) can segment the Connectory database within Portals, specified by geography, industry, or other COI criteria
- Success Stories - Connectory.com has a proven ability to link companies to each other to pursue opportunities, solve problems, find similarly directed colleagues, and achieve business growth.
It also has a track record of supporting economic development, industry/trade, and workforce development organizations by helping them understand the assets resident in their regions in order to craft effective programs. We've worked to capture some of the benefits and testimonials about the Connectory on the Success Stories page. We would be glad to add your story to the list. Please contact us when you know the Connectory has provided an opportunity, a sale, an answer to a question or problem, and we will review it with you and post it on this page.
- Links - United States links can be found on the Main Connectory; regional or industry specific links will be available on Portals.
- Maps - Visit this prototype of a dynamic GIS mapping feature that shows location of profiled Connectory assets, permits limited searching and links mapped locations to individual profiles. Static maps will be provided with selected overlays. As the Connectory establishes more collaborative alliances, profile populations outside California will increase. Next up: the Pacific Northwest, early 2010.
- Projects - See overviews of ongoing Connectory projects.
- News - News about the Connectory and its expansion through portals and partners.
- Feedback - Your ideas and opinions matter! They can help Connectory.com as it continues to evolve to meet the needs of the United States' industrial and technology companies as well as economic development professionals in the public, private and non-profit sectors. Let us know about successes, frustrations, and how we can make this dynamic resource a better tool for you.